Brand new blog post! “Some stuff I’m prayin’ on”
(Unedited) Letter of the week (maybe of the century) …
“After hearing your inspirational speech, I had to write you to say that YOU ARE SUCH AN INTERESTING and AMAZING PERSON!!!!! I REALLY LOVED HEARING YOU TALK!!!!!! SO MANY PEOPLE could benefit from your amazing books and your talk!!! You are definitely AWESOME!! My mom, sister and husband all said how they enjoyed listening to you!!!!
All I can say is, ah, shucks …
New video! This is me talking about “Use All The Crayons!” highlights to the Plum Chamber of Commerce. Watch here.
Good news! The bar dog is back! Say hello to Tin Tin Tin!
If you’ve been trying to donate and have been foiled by some tech trouble, likely established by my tech ignorance, please don’t give up. I’ll try and iron things out. An old-fashioned check is always welcome. I like getting letters with checks in ‘em. (PayPal, Venmo, 874 Solomon Temple Rd., Latrobe, Pa, 15650).
Today’s theme: “Prayer”
• Extravagantly overtip friendly, underpaid waitresses who often spend long days and nights away from small children to bring you a hot meal. At night when they go home and are soaking their aching feet, they say prayers asking God to bless people like you.
• Say a small, fast prayer anytime you see a siren running on a speeding police car, fire truck or ambulance. Chances are somebody’s in trouble and somebody brave is going to help. And that’s what prayer’s all about.
• Full disclosure: Self-publishing is to literature what homeschooling is to education. You think you know better than pros and pray your work doesn’t result in something moronic.
• It’s good to pray to God to change the world. It’s better to use all your God-given abilities to change the world. Want to change the world? Write someone an actual letter.
• Birds of prey have sharp talons that are incapable of interlocking, just one reason why you’ll never see birds of pray.
• I would think one of the most difficult things in nature would be being a praying mantis and trying to explain to your parents that you've lost your faith (and the preferred spelling is “praying,” not “preying).
• I hope to reduce afterlife moron population they give each of us a riddle we have to answer before getting into heaven and I pray mine's easy.
• I understand if I pray for riches, I'll get nothing and if I pray for wisdom, I'll need nothing. I can't help. Still praying for riches.
Praying for Ukraine …
All Chris’s books can be purchased through www.ChrisRodell.com