It’s challenging — foolhardy? — to try and make people laugh during a time of such wanton violence. But for those of us who are pre-disposed to humor, we must press on. So I’m opting to keep it light. If I figure out a solution that will end all hatred and violence, I’ll be sure to let you know.
Some blog posts that I’ve been told are funny …
More video from Plum talk. This is when I talk about working over the Tin Lizzy and some background about a couple of my books.
• Remember to ask anyone who works in a crime lab if employees ever sit around singing, “Someday my prints will come!”
• Bet friends that editors at amusement park industry magazines become furious when some lazy reviewer calls a new roller coaster a real roller coaster.
• Always be open to romance, even when you’re tired. People who fake sleep to get out of lovin’ are bulldozers.
• If a diplomatic rooster tries to avert a cock fight is it fair to call him chicken?
• Anytime you hear of someone dying suddenly it should reinforce the need to ensure you’re always living suddenly.
• Never make the mistake of sipping life. Sip wine. Gulp life.
• Furiously complain to the front desk anytime you check into a Best Western hotel and can’t find “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence” on TV.
• Ask paleontologists if they know what cavemen called house flies.
• Tell people you’re so restlessly caring about the human condition you wake up in the middle of the night wondering just why the hell Jimmy cracked corn.
• Realize our greatest frustrations stem from demanding perfection from those incapable of providing it.
• The pious nudist will always feel conflicted about becoming a man of the cloth.