"Use All The Crayons!" newsletter No. 105
Today's theme ... "Santa!"
Reader Letter of the Week …
“I’m really enjoying your “Growing Up/Fred Rogers” book. I bought 6 copies for my family as Christmas presents. I was born in Latrobe in 1937. Your book brought back so many great memories of growing up in Latrobe. I believe some of the chapters, particularly those regarding bullying should be required reading for middle and senior high school students. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your family!”
Today’s theme … Santa! (for the sake of sacred balance, next up is “Jesus!”
• News reports of a local home being ransacked always make me wonder if the suspect is Santa, a man who runs with sacks.
• Send your Christmas cards to be mailed from Santa Claus, Indiana, 47579, the only town in America with a functioning United States Post Office named in honor of St. Nick.
• In her restless quest to determine who has superior omnipotence, daughter, 7, asked who has more elves: God or Santa?
• The '17 death of Nana always hits particularly hard this time of year. Her death means I can no longer startle the kids by running into the room and somberly announcing, "I hate to be the one to tell you this … but I have terrible news. Grandma (sniff) got run over by a (sniff) reindeer!”
My oft-repeated (by me at least) related Christmas jokes.
• I’m putting together a troupe of tiny side-burned toymakers to head to Vegas and sing, "Jailhouse Rock," "Burnin' Love," etc. "Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Elves Presley!”
• Q: What does it mean when you hear, "Hoot! Hoot!" coming from a nearby tree this time of year?
A: Owl be home for Christmas.
• Knock knock.
Javier-self a Merry little Christmas!
• Q:What should they call those of us who prefer real, live Christmas trees to artificials?
Author’s note …
All Chris’s books can be purchased through www.ChrisRodell.com