"Use All The Crayons!" newsletter no. 103
Today's theme ... "Pluto & other planets"
Today’s blog of the week: "Ways in which I'm similar to Pluto"
Reader Review of the Week:
“‘Arnold Palmer: Homespun Stories of the King,’ is great book by a great author about a great man. These will be Christmas gifts for some of my golf buddies.”
— Eric L., Dubuque, Iowa
• What do they call earthquakes on other planets?
• NASA probes continue to scan the cosmos for evidence of planets with life-sustaining water. Life-sustaining? Listen, I'm not going anywhere until they find a planet with life-sustaining pizza.
• I wonder how long it'll be before the number of earthlings living in space outnumber the number of earthlings living on earth.
• I’d like to see Bruno Mars and Venus Williams get together and have a kid who could be described as earthy.
• How come we're Earthlings instead of Earthians, ala Martians. I know of no equivalent. No Pittsburgherlings. No Frenchlings. Earthling sounds like the name for a captivity-bred panda.
• It may not be in our lifetimes, but at some point some high school band is going to road trip to the moon. And the number of hoagies they’re going to have to sell will be astronomical.
• It doesn't surprise me when scientists say Earth's been rotating for 4.53 billion years. What surprises me is it's never started to squeak.
• All Chris’s books can be purchased through www.ChrisRodell.com