We met only briefly at the Golf Heritage Society meeting held in Monroeville, PA. I loved your talk and knew I’d feel the same about your book. I did! So much I recommended it to my wife and now she’s reading it. I know she will come away with new understanding of why Arnold Palmer is so revered and probably with a desire to visit Latrobe, PA. Thank you for showing me the Latrobe side of Arnold Palmer synonymous with the Palmer side of Latrobe. Now having been only to Latrobe County Club, I want to come back and see the Latrobe you write about in your book. rest of it; all that I missed in person - thanks to you.
Mike N., Overland Park, KS
PS. Loved the World’s Greatest Ovation on you tube!
Today’s theme: “Christmas Humor”
• I’m putting together a troupe of tiny side-burned toymakers to head to Vegas and sing, "Jailhouse Rock," "Burnin' Love," etc. "Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Elves Presley!”
• Q: What does it mean when you hear, "Hoot! Hoot!" coming from a nearby tree this time of year?
A: Owl be home for Christmas.
• Knock knock.
Javier-self a Merry little Christmas!
• Q:What should they call those of us who prefer real, live Christmas trees to artificials?
• The '17 death of Nana always hits particularly hard this time of year. Her death means I can no longer startle the kids by running into the room and somberly announcing, "I hate to be the one to tell you this … but I have terrible news. Grandma (sniff) got run over by a reindeer!”
• Having a bad day? Try humming in your head the Vince Guaraldi piano riff from the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Works every time.
• Every Christmas, be sure to shout “Blucher!” moments before you hear the horse whinny on “Sleigh Ride.”
• Ask children if they believe it ever bothered Jesus His birthday was the same day as Christmas.
• The Christmas season inspires so many questions: Was the virgin birth real? Is Jesus the true son of God? Will there ever be peace on Earth? I have a question: How did Charlie Brown ever get that sweater over his huge bulbous head?
Author’s note …
Does anyone ever even read this?
All Chris’s books can be purchased through www.ChrisRodell.com