Check out my new video
New blog post: Parkinson’s update
Today’s theme: Laughter
Colorful Living Tip of the Day …
• If laughter is truly best medicine then how come the pharmaceutical conglomerates haven't found a way to gouge us for watching “Seinfeld?”
• Navajo Tribe tradition meant no child could be given a name until he or she enjoyed their first authentic burst of spontaneous laughter. Just dealt with a 50-something grocery clerk who, I swear if she were Navajo would be wearing a blank name tag.
• Ask medical professionals if anyone’s ever tried prescribing laughing gas for patients in “serious” condition.
• If you could literally "laugh your ass off," boy, that's one fitness craze jokers could really get behind.
• Told daughter, 14, moment I no longer make her laugh is moment I stop trying to be funny. Her reaction means I have about 8 mins
• Propose an investigation to determine if in the Three Stooges scripts when it called for Curly to laugh screenwriters actually spelled it out, "Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.”
• Get a living will and update your mortal will. In both documents, include instructions that will provoke joyful bursts of inappropriate laughter at your funeral. The leavening aspects of humor will never be more welcome, and your loved ones will be forever grateful.
Unrelated “Funny business” …
• Sometimes when I'm pumping gas and feeling really naughty I remove my credit card really, really slowly. Just to stick it to The Man.
• Reports say Florida doc a bungler who left sponges in brains. Is that bad? Me, I wish my brain were more sponge-like.
• I wonder if internet creators said, "There, now no one will ever be able to argue over basic facts ever again!”
Zeitgust Word of the Week (a word I made up with the goal of getting it into a dictionary) …
Ashhole: An otherwise harmless Icelandic volcano that kills no one, but disrupts the travel plans of millions.
Today’s featured blog post …
“Yukkin’ it up over laugh track history (from ’15)
I plan to spend tomorrow commemorating the 2003 death of Charles Douglass by laughing my merry ass off. I’ll chortle, giggle, titter, guffaw, hoot, howl, cackle and generally spend the day behaving like I’m being tickled by invisible feathers. Douglass died 12 years ago tomorrow at the age of 93. If his funeral was a sad one, I think Douglass would have disapproved. His funeral above all others should have been a laugh riot. Douglass was the father of the modern laugh track.
(read full post right here)
Oddly enough (stories from my story treasure chest) …
“Welcome to Hell (Mich.); places named after hot/cold things”
Civic boosters will swear you won’t be toast in Toast, you won’t get scalded in Hot Coffee and you can still enjoy ice cream in Hell without fear of it vaporizing. Much of America is complaining it’s hotter than hell, but the man who runs Hell’s ice cream shop says the scare-a-mel’s maintaining its gooey consistency.John Colone of Scream’s Ice Cream in Hell, Michigan, says, “It’s always busy because more people are told to go to Hell than any other town in the world.”
(Read full story here ...)
Mark your calendars: April 10, Sirius XM radio, Road Dog Trucker radio is having me back on to tell my Latrobe/Arnold Palmer stories. Here’s the audio from my Feb. 27 visit.
Concluding words …
• It’s good to pray to God to change the world. It’s better to use all your God-given abilities to change the world. Want to change the world? Write someone you love an actual letter.
All Chris’s books can be purchased through www.ChrisRodell.com
Or share! Share! Share!
Shoes by Johnston & Murphy
Socks by Southern Scholar