Today’s theme: “Heart & Soul”
Blog post of the week …
Heart/Soul related blog post …
• Fear not death. Fear instead the death-bed realization that you never really lived. Insinuate yourself into enough hearts and you won’t just live to be 100. You’ll live forever.
• Calculate the actual worth of the organ anytime someone declares Grandma has a “heart of gold.” For example, in May 2017, a heart of gold would have been worth $16,978. Something to consider before filling out those organ donor cards.
• Tell friends you unearthed a little-known regulation in government health care that requires ER docs mimic Billy Joel when they tell patients they’ve had a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack.
• With your sweetheart as a willing accomplice, sneak a bottle of wine, two glasses and a corkscrew into a long matinee.
• Never fail to include in your cards to newlyweds heartfelt congratulations and this sage advice for a long and happy marriage: “Always argue naked!”
• Understand any splurge that feeds the sweetness in your soul is justified.
• Serene souls appreciate the utter senselessness of trying to change the minds of the mindless.
• At some point in every human life, the physical body is revealed to be the most preposterous, burdensome, inept and smelly vehicle to transport a divine soul from pre-birth oblivion to afterlife infinity anyone could ever imagine. My old Plymouth Horizon was more reliable. Less farty, too.
• Life is hard. The only way to get through it with your soul and sense of humor intact is to armor yourself with love, laughter and one another.
• When Satan really gives someone hell does it torment the soul or is it just considered a standard real estate deal?
• My soul aches for those who live under tyranny, but I feel even worse for those who reside in places so remote they can't get decent pizza.
Author’s note …
All Chris’s books can be purchased through www.ChrisRodell.com