"Use All The Crayons!" ... Shapes
I’ll be speaking Saturday, March 25, 1 pm, at the Ligonier Valley Library. Topic? “Ten years, Six books.”
Today’s Theme … “Shapes”
• I suggest we Pennsylvanians annex West Virginia so our border ceases making us Keystone Staters look on maps look like the state most likely to be used as the dead battery icon when the USA starts to run out of power.
• I think people who speak with forked tongues would have fewer reasons to floss than those of us with spoon-shaped ones.
• John Lennon imagined a world at peace. I imagine how different people's faces would look if our eyeballs were squares.
• Back when I was growing up, a love triangle was typically scandalous behavior between a trio of consenting adults. Times change. People are less coy about their gender identities and promiscuities. Isn't it about time someone started a love rhombus?
• Call it a hunch, but something tells me one of the big '23 news stories will be astrophysicists announcing that voracious black holes are now ignoring regular shaped galaxies and are instead consuming only the galaxies that are Pringle-shaped.
• It’s rare to find an ice cube that's actually cubic. In fact, most ice is rhombus shaped. It's ironic, but saying ice rhombus wouldn't sound cool even though it's all ice ... Had to get that off my chest.
• I wonder if in ancient times there was a kid named Isosceles and he got bummed every time the orchestra teacher made him play the triangle.
• Square feet can be either a standard unit of measurement or a veteran shoe salesman's bucket-list challenge.
• Be nostalgic for when phones were still phone-shaped.
• So, the Invisible Man eats a visible hoagie. At what point in the digestive process does the hoagie disappear?
• ”... and on the seventh day, He rested." See, God may have created Heaven and Earth, but in His infinity wisdom He knew better than to create a lawn that would need mowing every Sunday.
• The world will be better off if we get away from TVs that have 1,000 channels with 20 that broadcast news 24/7 and get back to TVs that have 20 channels with one that seems to broadcast Gilligan 24/7.
• I do not like eating outside. I do not like heat. I do not like noise. I do not like sharing my meal with things that sting. History lesson: Outside is the reason man invented inside.
All Chris’s books can be purchased through www.ChrisRodell.com